Homemade Strawberry Cobbler
This recipe is really easy to make! It only takes a few ingredients and you don't even have to slice the strawberries.
- 1/2 cup einkorn flour or whatever flour you use
- 1/2 cup sugar I use coconut sugar
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt I use pink Himalayan
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 5 tbsp butter separated, 3 & 2
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 pounds strawberries rinsed & hulled
- 3/4 cup heavy cream + a splash I used raw, full fat milk
Pre-heat oven to 400
Butter your 2 1/2 quart baking dish. I used leftover bacon grease for mine, YUM! Hull your strawberries and fill the bottom of the dish. I packed mine in there pretty tight.
1/2 cup of sugar, arrowroot powder and water into a medium pot. Cook on medium heat until it starts to thicken and then pull from heat and add 2 tablespoons butter.
Add sugar mixture to strawberries
Sift flour, 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter and add milk. Mixture will be soft and slightly thin. Cover strawberries.
Bake for 25 minutes. Crust will have browned a bit and mixture will be bubbly. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving. Top with ice cream or whipped cream.